- Havana: 1 night at Plaza hotel (3*plus - BB)
- Maria La Gorda: 5 nights at Maria La Gorda hotel (2* - BB)
- Havana: 1 night at Plaza hotel (3*plus - BB)
- All private transfers
- English speaking dive instructor for every 5 people
- 8 dives per person
- Air tanks, weight belt and boat
- Return International Flight
- Visa or Tourist Card
- Havana Airport tax (CUC 25 to be paid at the airport before leaving)
- Wetsuit, mask, fins, regulator, BTU and night diving equipment (all these itens available locally for rental)
- Tips, personal expense; extra meals and drinks in the hotels restaurants
- Anything not explicitly mentioned above is not included in the price
- All hotels are sold ON REQUEST which means that once you pay to us, we will request its confirmation. We are constantly revising the availability of Cuba hotels
by loading stop sales reports whenever we receive them from hotels in Cuba
but unfortunately this information is not 100% accurate. If the hotel(s) requested are fully booked, we will do our upmost best to find suitable alternative accommodation of equivalent standard and/or location. As per Booking Conditions
, if we cannot provide the initially agreed accommodation, on top of offering you alternative accommodation, we will offer 100% your money back unless agreed otherwise in writing.
- Accommodation for infants (0-2 years old) is free when sharing room with 2 adults.
- Children (11 or less) enjoy a discount of 50% of the accommodation.
Day 1. Welcome to Havana
Arrival at Havana International airport.
Transfer to the Hotel in Havana (not included)
Accommodation in Havana.
Day 2. Maria La Gorda
Early in the morning (8:00 am), clients will be picked up at hotel in Havana by collective transfer to Maria la Gorda. Approximately 6 hours drive. Afternoon arrival at hotel in Maria la Gorda. Briefing with instructors and diving staff to plan diving sites to visit as well as diving courses offered by the center.
Days 3, 4, 5 and 6. Diving days in Maria La Gorda
2 immersion days according to scheduled with instructors. See more details below about dives sites in Maria la Gorda.
Day 7. Free morning and transfer back to Havana
This morning will be opened for nautical activities and to enjoy the beach. At 2:00 pm, collective transfer to Havana.
Day 8. Departure day
Morning at leisure in Havana
Call taxi from hotel to Havana International airport (please call your own taxi, not included)
Dives Sites and Depth in Maria la Gorda
Useful Advises for Divers in Cuba
- Paraiso Perdido: 66 feet
- Jardin sin nombre: 66 feet
- Las Cuevas de Yuri: 66 feet
- Ballena Mobby Dick: 66 feet
- Ancla del Pirata: 33 feet
- Cabezo de Ludo: 66 feet
- La Cadena Misteriosa: 66 feet
- El Encanto I: 66 feet
- El Encanto II: 66 feet
- Acuario: 26 feet
- Las Cuevas de Bebo: 66 feet
- Las Tetas de Maria: 66 feet
- El Ancla de Francois: 46 feet
- El Salon de Maria: 98 feet
- La Gorgonia: 46 feet
- El Patio de Vanessa: 46 feet
- El Jardin de la Gorgonia: 52 feet
- El Almirante: 98 feet
- Cabezo de Marcel: 98 feet
- Ancla de Masaya: 98 feet
- Laberinto: 66 feet
- El Milagro: 69 feet
- El Valle de Coral: 69 feet
- La Cueva Misteriosa: 52 - 138 feet
- Yemaya: 52 feet
- El Faraon: 49 feet
- El Valle de las Esponjas: 66 feet
- El Paragua de Maria: 49 feet
- El Balcon del Caribe: 49 feet
- La Piedra Blanca: 49 feet
- El Barco Hundido: 20 feet
- Ojo de Agua de Juan Claro: 52 feet
- El Valle de Vinales: 52 feet
- Las Arenas Tenebrosas: 52 feet
- Los Canones Silenciosos: 52 feet
- Cabezo de Rosendo: 52 feet
- Posa Redonda: 52 feet
- La Palmita: 52 feet
- La Posa de los Negritos: 52 feet
- Certificates issued by Diving Schools recognized by the RSTC (Recreational Scuba Training Council) such as PADI, CMAS, SSI, PDIC, ANIS, BARRAKUDA, FIAS, NAUI, VIT, ACUC and others are accepted in all Cuban Diving Centers. Do not leave your certificate at home, you'll be asked for it. If you are NOT DIVER we have initiation Diving Programs available in Havana.
- Cuban sea waters have an average temperature of 24°C (75°F) during the whole year: In most of the sites it's higher, so only a 3 mm wet suit will protect you from beat loss and from with fire coral or the "caribe", so your dive session shall be more comfortable with less weight.
- There are no places specialized in selling underwater equipment in Cuba and the Diving Centers do no have selling or repairing services, so its difficult to find spare parts and accesories. You should always have some "O" rings, mouthpieces, mask and fin straps, etc in your diving bag.
- In most of the diving Centers the tanks have adapters for DIN or INT connections, but if you have a DIN regulator your should bring an INT converting yoke, because you may need it in some sites.
- Underwater photographers should know that 110 volt to 60 Hz is the predomintant voltage in Cuba, with flat plugs, so they should bring transformers and adapters according to the requiremnets of their equipment, as well as batteries. Do not leave at home the films you intend to use during your stay, becouse they are hard to find, specially slides, as well any kind of video tapes. You should bring the "O" rings or silicone oil you may need. There are no specialized places for the selling and/or repairing of underwater cameras and videos.
- Some diving boats are not properly supplied to keep from sun rays, so we advice you to use sun protection the whole year, a T-shirt, a cap and sun glasses would be useful.
- There is 24 hour Hyperbaric Chamber network operated by a specialized staff during the whole year, so in case of accident you will get a fast and professional service. There are no insurance companies devoted to inderwater activities in Cuba, so before you come here you should update your insurance policy.
General Regulations Governing Scuba Diving in Cuba:
- Scuba-diving instructors will accompany you on all dives.
- You must show your international certification card that testifies to your level of expertise.
- You can't break off and/or remove any kind of marine flora and/or fauna.