Our COVID-19 Promise
UK ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
International travel is expected to resume from 17th May. We expect the next government announcement to take place by 10th May at the latest and include an update on the categories of traffic light colours in which our destination will be located. We will update this page as soon as possible after the announcement.
DESTINATION ON THE GREEN LIST
- You won't need to quarantine on your return, unless you have a positive test result.
- You will need to take an antigen (rapid flow) test before you begin your journey home, plus a PCR test within the first two days of your return - these test will need to be booked before you travel.
- If your destination is on the green list there is no need to change your travel arrangements and you will be able to travel as planned.
DESTINATION ON THE AMBER LIST
- You will need to quarantine at home for 10 days on your return, with the option to shorten this by using the Test to Release scheme.
- You will need to take an antigen (rapid flow) test before within the three days before you begin your journey home, plus two PCR test on your return, on days 2 and 8.
- You can opt in to Test to Release scheme and take another test on the fifth day after your return home. If this test comes back negative, you will be able to end your quarantine.
- If you are not able to quarantine on your return home, you will be able to change your booking to another date for free.
DESTINATION ON RED LIST
- As part of our Holiday Promise, we won't take you to the country on the red list, which require you to quarantine for 10 days in a hotel on your return.
- If you have a holiday booked and the destination is on the red list, we will be in touch as your departure date approaches, to discuss your options. They will include changing your booking to another date or requesting a full refund.
- You will need to book the test you need to take once you arrive home, before your holiday begins. There is guidance on the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) website.
- Tests are required even if you have been vaccinated.
- It's your responsibility to make sure you meet any entry requirements for returning home.
- If you don't have evidence of a negative result, you might not be able to board your flight home and/or could be fined on arrival.
- If your pre-departure test result is positive, you must not travel, and you should follow local guidance.
- 48 hours before you are due to return, you must complete a Passenger Locator Form, which is a requirement for traveling back to the UK. You will need to show evidence of this when you check in at the airport for your return home.
The list of destinations is dynamic, and a destination can evolve from amber to green for example if its epidemiological situation improves. The UK Government will assess the score every three weeks, with the last summer review scheduled for 28th June. Hence, if your holiday is after 28th June you may wish to wait as we expect Cuba to be move to Green at that time.
Plan your trip with confidence
The uncertainties posed by the COVID-19 pandemic mean that using a travel company you can trust has never been more important. As a specialist business with a successful track record selling holidays from the UK to Cuba for over 18 years, we are committed to providing highly personalised service, offering the greatest flexibility and peace of mind possible, safe in the knowledge that your money is 100% protected.
If you book a package holiday with us (in most cases an accommodation plus flights and/or transfers) you are protected by the 2018 Package Travel Regulations. For that reason, rest assured that your planned holiday, whether it is a package already booked with us or if you plan to book a package in the future, will either go ahead safely as planned, or you will receive the choice of alternative holiday options (where possible), a credit towards a future holiday or a full refund should there be a nationwide ban on travel or your holiday destination be on the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) list of advice against travel. Whilst customers who have booked accommodation only with us are not covered by the Package Travel Regulations, and thus not entitled to a full refund, we will look at the options available to you should you be unable to travel due to government advice.
Due to ever-changing news and updates, we have created a dedicated page on our website detailing COVID-19 Advice for Cuba where you can find further details alongside a very useful section of frequently asked questions.
From the outset, we did the right thing for you, our customers, by introducing a policy that gives you the confidence to book an unforgettable holiday with the assurance you can change your plans if necessary. Your options will be to move the dates of your holiday to the same hotels or private houses (casas particulares) either in 2021 or 2022 (subject to availability) or a credit voucher for travel to that accommodation if you are unable to decide on dates at that time. Please note that should you move to dates that are at a more expensive time of year, you will be asked to cover the price difference at the final balance stage.
Our expert Sales Consultants are here to create incredible itineraries around the country but are also available to make any modifications that might be required - such as changing your departure date or your resort and hotels - if your original holiday cannot go ahead.
Our ATOL protection bonding ensures your money is 100% safe no matter what the future holds, and you will never lose your money if travel to your destination is restricted when you are due to depart. This also means you will never be left stranded abroad.
Our committed team will be on hand to guide you every step of the way, from the moment you book until the day you arrive home from your holiday - and beyond. From advice on the latest travel protocols to specialist local knowledge in your destination, we have got it covered.
Our flexible booking policy guarantee means you can change your holiday to another 2021 date (or 2022 if pricing is available) right up until your balance is due. We will not charge an amendment fee (you will save up to £150 per person, please check our Booking Conditions) and will only pass on any increase (or decrease) in your holiday cost that results from your changes1. You will be also able to amend your travel date up to 7 days before departure if diagnosed with COVID-192.
If a travel restriction affects your holiday, our team of experts will contact you personally to discuss your options. We will always do our best to help you switch dates and ensure you enjoy the holiday you deserve or, alternatively, we can often provide a credit note for future use. In the case of our package holidays, a refund will also be available.
1 For imminent departures, you are entitled to change or cancel your holiday under the following circumstances:
The UK FCDO advise against all non-essential travel to your destination.
Borders to your destination are closed.
You are required to enter a quarantined hotel on your return to the UK.
Your flights have been cancelled by the airline.
This policy only applies to holidays operated by Cuba Direct as principal, and not to any third-party product that is sold through us.
2 You must notify us of your need to cancel for a COVID-19 reason as early as possible and at least 7 days before your scheduled departure and must provide us with appropriate written official evidence of the COVID-19 reason. We have the right to refuse to allow you to cancel and receive a cash refund where we are not reasonably satisfied that you are cancelling for a COVID-19 reason. In such circumstances, normal cancellation terms will apply. For the purposes of these terms a "COVID-19 reason" is either a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 within 21 days prior to departure or an order, via the NHS’s track & trace team, to self-isolate due to contact with a person who has, or may have, COVID-19.